Drinking your first sip of coffee for the day is a bit like paradise. One could say, it’s the best part of waking up, as one coffee in a can company figured out long ago. For a single moment at your favorite coffee shop, or while holding your favorite mug in the kitchen, you’ve been transported to the scene of your last vacation. You’re not worrying about what the day will bring, just enjoying that first sip, waiting for the caffeine to kick in.
Ok, so, it’s more like pure paradise. But, what do you do when you can’t stop at JWG for coffee? Well my friends, you take matters into your own hands. Making the perfect cup of coffee doesn’t have to be daunting. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll have a perfect cup every time.
- Purchase fresh, whole bean coffee. A cup of coffee is only as good as the beans you start with! Our favorites are: Snake River Roasting ,Cowboy Coffee Co., and Jackson Hole Coffee Roasters.
- Keep your beans fresh – the best way to keep your beans fresh is to store them in an airtight container.
- Grind it yourself! How and when you grind matters. For maximum flavor grind your coffee beans for your preferred method of brewing, and right before you are going to brew. Industry experts say that coffee begins to lose its flavor after 30 min of grinding.
- Use filtered water – the quality of water you use is often overlooked but crucial to brewing the perfect cup.
- Clean your coffee maker often – nobody likes the taste of stale coffee.