Our citrus fest is the perfect time to focus on refreshing and re-energizing with citrus. The peels of oranges, lemons, and grapefruit contain potent natural oils that release mood-lifting scents. Here are some tips and a relaxing food soak recipe from our friends over at Aura Cacia on how to use the clean, uplifting scents of citrus oils to brighten your winter.
Tips to lighten your mood with citrus essential oils:
- Sprinkle 5 to 7 drops of sweet orange on shower floor in the morning.
- Use grapefruit and peppermint in a car diffuser.
- Keep a bottle of tangerine on your desk and inhale whenever you need to be uplifted.
- Diffuse a combination of lime, eucalyptus and tea tree to purify the air.
- Add lemon to household cleaning products.
- Use mandarin orange as a fresh, sexy personal essence.
- Diffuse bergamot and rosemary to inspire creativity.
Grapefruit Tea Tree Foot Bath
Turn any down time in front of the TV or reading a book into a rejuvenating spa experience with this easy foot bath. A great purifying treatment, this will revitalize the whole body while softening calloused heals and toes. Follow up with a foot scrub.
1/3 cup sea salt
12 drops grapefruit oil
6 drops tea tree oil
Basin of very warm water
Sprinkle sea salt with oils and mix. Dissolve into basin of water and soak feet for 15 to 2O minutes.