Fresh asparagus comes into season earlier than other seasonal vegetables, and those of us who love it can’t wait to get our hands on it. Here in Jackson, at our store headquarters, the evenings are still chilly enough to justify having soup. With this recipe, you can enjoy fresh asparagus right now. Simple and irresistibly creamy, this dish can be made with asparagus pieces for a chunky version or pureed for a smoother texture.
Simply Organic Fresh Asparagus Soup Recipe
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1 package Simply Organic Alfredo Seasoning Mix
1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium saucepan whisk together milk and Simply Organic Alfredo Sauce Mix.
2. Add asparagus and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often. Allow to cool for five minutes.
3. Blend in a food processor or blender on high until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
1. Serve as an hors d’oeuvre on wheat crackers.
2. Serve as a vegetable side dish with your entrée.
3. Serve over eggs on Eggs Benedict in place of hollandaise sauce.